Advice to Yankees Moving South
- Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.
- If you forget a Southerner’s name, refer to him (or her) as “Bubba.” You have a 75% chance of being right.
- Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.
- If you do run your car into a ditch, don’t panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don’t try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.
- Don’t be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.
- Do not buy food at the movie store.