How to tell if you’ve already had too much of the 21st Century
Here’s how to determine whether you’ve had enough of the 21st century already, even though it’s barely begun.
- You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
- You now think of three espressos as “getting wasted.”
- You haven’t played solitaire with a real deck of cards in years.
- You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
- You call your son’s beeper to let him know it’s time to eat. He e-mails you back from his bedroom, “What’s for dinner?”
- Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
- You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven’t spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
- You didn’t give your spouse a valentine a card this year, but you posted one for your e-mail buddies via a web page.